Internships & Volunteers
The Evocative Workshop is looking for talented interns and volunteers to join our ranks. The Evocative Workshop is a close knit group, working in close proximity with others. This is the best path to other jobs within our company. If you are a post-secondary student (eg: make-up school, college, or university), please have your school counselor contact us to work out the terms of your internship after you inquire about internship opportunities. Volunteers contact us directly.
Candidate must personally:
- Be hygienic.
- Be considerate. Clean up, keep chit-chat to minimum, etc.
- Be on time and exhibit dedication to your craft.
- Be willing to work long hours when under crunch time.
- Be willing to LEARN and TAKE INSTRUCTION.
- Be a problem solver and a team player.
Candidate must be comfortable working with:
- Lifecasting with Smooth-on Body Double Silicone and Alginate with thixotropic and hyperfolic/release additives
- Urethane Molds for manufacture of silicone gel filled appliances
- Prosthetic silicone (with Deadener and Hardener)
- Encapsulating plastics
- Isocyanate/Urethane (cold) foams
- Mineral spirits, Denatured Alcohol, 99% Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetone, Naphtha
- Epoxy with fiberglass reinforcement
- Heat guns and butane torches
- Oil based (cold & molten hot) and water-based (i.e.: W.E.D.217) clays
- Electronics including servos, linear actuators, etc.
- Rebound 25 Silicone Brush up molds with epoxy & fiberglass mother-molds
- Powered & non-powered hand tools
- Knives, razor blades and other sharp, pointy objects...
- Hair styling, punching & tying
- Monomer liquid & polymer powder acrylic (i.e.: dentures, fangs, creature eyes, etc.)
All candidates must be capable to use, own and bring:
- 3M respirator with either 3M 60921, 60923 or 60926 Vapor & Particulate Cartridges (or equivalent)
- Dremel hand tool (or equivalent)
- Paasche airbrush for encapsulating plastic & painting (or equivalent)
- Clay sculpting tools
- Safety goggles
- Shop gloves
- Shop clothes (They WILL get messy. A shop apron and/or hoodie is recommended.)